Saturday, February 9, 2008

Flight from ????


Things have been wild and insane and busy. I have started my new job at CHOP and love it. We are busy with 2 kids.
We did go to New Orleans to visit over Mardi Gras. The plane ride down was great fun. You hear about kids reacting opposite to drowsy medications and becoming hyper, but you really never get the true meaning of that until you are stuck on a plane for 3 hours with a cranky, screaming, hyperactive 2 year old on a Benadryl high.
No one was happy. Matthew screamed for 2 hours. Most everyone around us was nice saying they have been in the same situation and not to worry about it. Except for the man right in front of me. He found absolutely no humor in the situation whatsoever. Halfway through the flight, when I had both kids on my lap trying to protect William from Matthew's thrashing, the jerk pushed his seat all the way back crushing my 2 kids into my chest. Chris and I, as usual, just looked at one another and laughed.
Matthew finally stopped screaming as we began our initial descent, just in time for his ears to start hurting ~ More screaming, but at least time all the kids on the plane were screaming because everyone's ears hurt.

The plane ride back up was better. we used Tylenol instead of Benadryl ~ He slept the entire flight. it was lovely.

No comments: