Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally back.

As I finally log onto this blog because I am determined to update it, I read the last entry from October and realize that I have mode absolutely no potty progress. Matthew is now scared of the potty. I think we need professional assistance.

I have so many blog posts running through my head, there is no way to recap the past 3 months. Chris definitely wants me to mention the mating turtles at the zoo, which was amusing.

I do want to mention the reason I stopped blogging and the reason is I was turned on to Facebook by Britt. My dear, dear friend Britt who mistakenly thought I was as good a multi tasker as she. Britt successfully manages 2 children (albeit girls who ARE easier then boys), facebook, and blogspot. I humbly admit, I can not.

I can at least talk about Christmas. This year, we again set out to terrorize Santa at the Moorestown mall. If anyone is not familiar with our first mission to ensure Santa never returns to NJ, please refer to last December's post.

Of course, this year, William is heavily involved in the plot. Christopher, however, escaped, claiming work. He left me and his mother alone to manage the carnage.

Much like last year, all was wonderful as we sneakily approached the unsuspecting Santa. We were all Ho-Ho-Ho and counting in Spanish. As I placed William on Santa's lap, all hell broke loose. William immediately began screaming and reaching for me as I chased Matthew around the cameras. I picked up Matthew and he played my favorite game "No bones - No muscles". You know the game where the child goes totally limp and you can't control all the flailing body parts.

So this year, Santa is smiling (well, actually laughing at me), and both kids are screaming and I am in the picture ... which will not be posted.


1 comment:

The Bucklers said...

I love this!! But I have an idea.... How about we switch children for a few days. You can see how "easy" these 2 girls are: you can get my 13 month old to sleep through the night, drink from something other than ME, and stop climbing everything in sight; you can get Alli to be GENTLE with her baby sister, and to quit sassing me and being too smart for her own good. For my part, I will teach your boys to quit terrorizing Santa by using all of my child life skills on them; I will not attempt the potty training thing ~ that can still be your joy to have. :) And as for FB... ya gotta love it!! :)