Saturday, December 15, 2007

How we met


I was working at a hospital in New Orleans doing outpatient therapy. One day, I had a very difficult patient, one I almost had to call security on. I kept having to interrupt my team leader, who is also an outpatient OT, for assistance with my patient. I commented to her that her patient, who had surgery to repair an old shoulder injury, was very cute. Well, she told him. He left his phone number for me. I had no intention of calling him, but my friends urged me, and after several glasses of wine, I called him. We had a delightful conversation and decided to go on a date the following week as I was leaving for an adventure filled vacation to Costa Rica the next day (thanks to my friend Kim. I wanted to lounge on the beach in Cancun, but Kim wanted to drive across Costa Rica and stay in a hotel on a volcano and be chased by cattle).

Anyway...

On our date, we went to eat at an Italian restaurant, but ended up only drinking wine and talking for 2 hours. The waitress was not pleased. Then we went to have drinks at a restaurant on Lake Pontchartrain, and he kissed me.

After that, we were basically together everyday. 3 months later, we went to Disney World and at sunset, sitting at the American Pavilion in Epcot, Chris asked me to marry him. I said yes, and a mere 20 months and one Clavicle fracture later, we were married.

No comments: