Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JC Penny Portrait studio

Let me preface this story with this: I love Chris' mom dearly.
With that being said, she purchased the gayest (Not that there's anything wrong with that) light blue sailor suits ever made for little boys and brought them to New Jersey during this latest visit. We hid them from Chris until the day of the photo shoot. As I'm dressing Matthew, I have him standing on the toilet lid while I was combing and spraying his hair and I was not watching what he was playing with. When I turned him around to fix his bangs he had grabbed my eyeliner from the vanity and smeared it all down his face.
Determined that I was not going to have any sort of fits this date, I calmly said, "Matthew,sweetie, sit still while Mommy removes this eye liner".
At that precise moment, Chris opens the bathroom door to see his eldest dressed in this extremely feminine outfit with makeup all over his face and hair spray in his hair. The look of distress that overcame him was absolutely priceless. Like in those old Saturday Night Live commercials for the fake drug "homocil" that you take to combat the ill feeling in your stomach when you realize your son is gay (again, I reiterate... Not that there's anything wrong with that.




Anyway, Matthew and William took very cute pictures in their matching sailor suits and were both very good and sweet and surprisingly cooperative during the process. I'm quite proud.




Matthew seemed to like the outfit all except for the shoes. We had to get those old style white leather soled non bendable shoes that make you march instead of walk because they decrease the natural rocking motion of the foot. It's a wonder any of us learned to walk in those things.

3 comments:

The Bucklers said...

Okay, I have to take up for Chris's mom here ~ I think the outfits are precious!! I love babies in pastels and whites ~ because they look like BABIES. They have the rest of their lives to look like MEN. :) The pictures are precious, and if I ever have a little boy, you can pass those darling outfits ~ along with the classy white shoes ~ on to me!! :) Brad has already been trained to understand that if we have a boy, he will be dressed in sweet jon-jons and knee socks while he is a baby, and he can wear his jeans and golf shirts when he gets older ~ not before the age of 3, at least!! :) The pictures turned out great!!

The Bucklers said...

PS ~ However, my baby boy will not be wearing eye liner.
:)

Johnny Walker said...

Did I not warn you it was only a matter of time before Matthew got into your make-up??? However his timing was priceless! Awesome pictures... esprcially Will. What a great expression the camera captured. He looks like a movie star!


Love and miss you all,

Rhonda